International Students Admission Procedures
Students from other countries who hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an approved college or university may study at Shepherds Theological Seminary as non-immigrant F1 students. In addition to the policies governing F1 students given by the U.S. government, the following requirements are maintained by STS:
- Students whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), administered by the Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 955, Princeton, New Jersey 08540-6151, U.S.A. Results are to be sent to the Shepherds Theological Seminary Admissions Office. Applicants must score 85 or higher overall, and 20 or higher in each sub–category.
- A reference from a pastor or global worker known to the Seminary.
- An affidavit of support is required from a legal resident of the United States affirming the support of the applicant while attending seminary in the United States.
- A detailed account is required explaining how the applicant intends to meet his seminary and living expenses during his studies. This includes providing STS with documented bank records.
- STS may use a third party in evaluating the credibility of transcripts from international or unaccredited schools.
- Applicants must provide documentation as outlined in the STS International Student Policies.
Submission of Completed Forms
Return all forms (with the necessary application fee) to:
Shepherds Theological Seminary
6051 Tryon Road
Cary, NC 27518
You can also contact the Seminary:
Phone: 919–573–5350 or 800–672–3060