It is the mission of the alumni association to create reciprocal relationships of support, fellowship, and information in advancing the seminary and its alumni in the pursuit of God’s call and commission.
As a seminary we seek to be a constant motivator of our alumni’s ongoing pursuit of God’s call and commission and cherish their continued interest in their alma mater. We ask our alumni to help us make The Alumni Association a dynamic body of support, fellowship, and information advancing their seminary and their vocation for the glory of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Alumni Relations Procedures
It is the policy of Shepherds Theological Seminary to maintain correspondence with its alumni and requests feedback on the value of the education program received in meeting their professional and vocational goals.
- The Advancement Office maintains up-to-date files of its alumni to ensure that meaningful contact is maintained
- As students graduate, they are designated as graduates in the Populi data base.
- Personal information is annually updated or as needed in Populi to ensure current address, telephone, email, marital status, children, ministry, etc. are maintained.
- An annual survey is conducted by the Advancement Office of alumni to ascertain current ministry, family, and professional developments, and to request feedback on the value of Seminary educational programs and their time in seminary.
- Assessment of alumni is presented to the faculty, administration, and strategic planning groups for use in guiding Seminary programs and procedures.
- Alumni Awards and recognitions are presented at graduation or during special events of STS
Meets at least once a year on a Thursday and Friday to discuss topics and subjects in a classroom fashion believed necessary for all graduates to further their education and be up to date to deal with present ministry challenges. Alumni pay no tuition cost for this two-day conference.
Alumni Relations Organization
- The association is organized and supported through the Advancement Office
- The office of Advancement will provide support for all alumni contact, surveys and assessments.
- The Vice President of Advancement is responsible for maintaining alumni relations
- Selects alumni to meet as an ad hoc committee to help guide the association
- Will include alumni activities in his annual objectives
- The objectives are approved through the Strategic Planning process and by the Board
to an alumnus who has faithfully sought to impact the world for Christ which is a vital part of the mission statement of Shepherds Theological Seminary. Alumnus Degree Year of Graduation , exemplifies the ideals represented by the Impact Award, which are, 1] To have biblical influence upon others, 2] To affect or change someone by the power of biblical persuasion, and 3] To have honored the ideals of being salt and light through contribution to the cause of Christianity.
Servant/Leader Award of Recognition
Given once a year to an alumnus in recognition of their life and ministry as it reflects the mission statement of Shepherds Theological Seminary. Alumnus Degree Year , has clearly characterized this mission, “to impact the world for Christ as one who has been equipped as a servant/leader in life and ministry with a sharpened intellect and character while maintaining biblical scholarship and the values of their training.”
Alumni Helping STS
- By recruiting students and recommending students within your ministry to consider STS
- By encouraging others to invest in STS and join our dedicated family of donors
- By supporting STS as the Lord leads you to
- By remaining faithful to the Lord and His Word
- By coming back to visit